Navigation Bar

Meet the Teacher Monday!

Tell us a little something about you...

Hi! My name is Kelly and I am the PROUD mom of 3 boys!  I am the crazy person behind From Kindergarten With Love! Being a teacher is my hobby! I  have gotten Lakeshore Gift Cards for Valentine's Day and was Thrilled....my husband always get me teacher items and they are the perfect gift.  I looooooove teaching Kindergarten. It is so much fun and I am able to see  the difference daily that creativity, passion and understanding can be in a child's life!

How long have you been teaching?

I have been blessed with the last 7 years to spend my days in kindergarten! I have always taught kindergarten AND I am pretty sure that I always WILL!!!!!

You might not know...

I had my boys  young (at least 2 of them) and they showed me that teaching was my passion and were my motivation to go to college and follow my dreams. I am thankful for them each day and the life that we have as a family! I have a Master's Degree in Special  Education. I believe that each student teaches me a new set of skills and I am always looking to learn something new. I sometimes start TOO many projects and somethings don't get finished :(

We are a PROUD military family! My husband is active duty Army and we have had some wonderful adventures over the last 15 years. I am also and always will be FROM KENTUCKY! We "bleed Blue"!!!!!!
What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I love the fresh start....a clean room....and new little ones to get to know! This year I am taking on the challenge of National Board Certification so I am looking forward to working on the process and learning and growing as an educator~

What do you need to improve?
(see above)...JK...I need to finish ALL of my projects...or start less. I would love to improve on my organization at school and home! I also need to learn to trust that other people want to help and can help me with things at school!
What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
My Cricut! I use it almost every week...sometimes daily! I love it. I love the options that it gives for my classroom.
My personal Laminator....It is great for materials that my kiddos are going to be working with because it is thicker than the lamination provided by the school.
Sharpies... I love them and Mr Sketch Markers! I love things in color! I think everyone learns more in color!
Books...I love THEM! I have  way to many and could almost be called a hoarder! I love to share my favorite stories with my students!
Colored paper...and Colored Card stock.. I use both of the these daily. I love to make my flyers and activities on cute and fun colors!!!!
Now it is YOUR turn....Hop on over to Blog Hoppin and link up your meet the teacher!


No comments

Post a Comment

Designed by A Hughes Design